I have been thinking hard about what to replace the kitchen and livingroom floors with and lately I have been leaning towards cork. It sounds like the advantages are
1. Enviornmentally friendly- only the bark is harvested in the cork tree and it readily grows back in a few years to be harvested again.
2. Soundproof- quiet to walk on
3. Insulates against temperature and sound
4. Non-allergenic - it won't let mold or mildew grow on it
5. Low maintenance installation and cleaning
6. Durable - isn't easily scratched or damaged
7. It is warm on the feet and soft to walk on